Friday, April 17, 2009

Paying Attention

Having spent most of my life exploring the natural world I consider myself fairly good at reading the signs that Nature places before me. Certain clouds mean a beautiful sunset, others mean you better head for cover. The sounds of bugling elk or the calls of migrating cranes all have a message if you will listen and observe.

A few days ago at the Wichita Mountain National Wildlife Refuge I had plans for a short hike to enjoy the beautiful weather and try to get some pictures. But something felt not quite right. Though I knew the place I wanted to go was officially designated for hiking my intuition was telling me that maybe another time would be better. I am a believer that when you get a ‘gut feeling’ it is best go with that feeling, be flexible and adjust your plans. So… I paid mind to that subtle sign of Nature and found a place my gut said was okay.
Next time you are in the wild, Pay Attention. You and your images will be better for it.
Decided fishing was a bad idea too.





No comments:

Post a Comment