Saturday, January 9, 2010

Once, Now, Soon


Once, when I was much younger and had not travelled much I was offered a cup of tea. I said that would very nice thank you. Never having had anything but iced tea, I was interested in better appreciating this drink that entire nations lived for. When asked “black or white?” I was lost. The stewardess smiled and explained the difference. I had white with two lumps. It was amazing! Soothing, complex and for whatever the reason I felt enriched. So every cup of tea I have, including the one I am having now lets me re-experience that memory. I am sure the recollection is much richer than the original incident but the excellent cup of tea I am presently drinking is made a fuller experience by that memory. And the cuppa I am now enjoying enhances that first cup. The third cup of tea I will have soon, following-on from the first and this one will be the ultimate.



So goes each day, each mile, each sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment